Terms and Conditions – Local Chefs
1. The Promoter is The Happy Apple, 185 Union Rd, Ascot Vale VIC 3032, ABN: 12166233263
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who Can Enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Victoria except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
5. Entrants under 18 years of age must obtain the prior permission of their parent or legal guardian in order to be able to enter. The Promoter may require any such entrant’s parent or legal guardian to sign a release at the Promoter’s discretion in which the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will include the parent or legal guardian’s full name, address and telephone number. Failure to agree to the release and provide these details will invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation. If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section above for each entry as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant’s respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant’s right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as a Participating Venue; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
When to enter
8. The competition commences on DATE 01/08/2019 at TIME 12:00 AM AEST and will run on a calendar month basis. Each competition will conclude at the end of the calendar month and all entrants must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time. The promoter may withdraw this competition at any time.
9. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by AUR Limited, not at the time of transmission by the entrant
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason
How to enter
11. To enter, individuals email in their photo to firstname.lastname@example.org during the month.
12. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
a. any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
b. any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process including but not limited to the use of automated entry programs. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, or illegible applications will be deemed invalid.
15. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
Number of entries permitted
16. Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions below. Limit one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying submission. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Draw and Notification of winner
17. The winner will be the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by a panel of judges to be the most authentic and inspiring photo on the 1st Monday of every month for the competition period at The Happy Apple, 185 Union Rd, Ascot Vale
18. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
19. If any determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
21. The winners will be notified by telephone or email within two days of being determined. Winners of prizes will be published on the Happy Apple Social Media accounts.
22. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry.
23. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
24. Individual prize value is up to $100 store Voucher. Total prize pool value is up to $1200. 1 winner will receive: 1 x $100 store voucher prize, in the form of a store gift card. The winner must collect the gift card from the Happy Apple Store in Ascot Vale or Seddon. It may be posted out at the winner’s risk via Australian post if requested.
a. Prize Breakdown:
i. June: 1 x $100 store voucher
ii. July: 1 x $100 store voucher
iii. August: 1 x $100 store voucher
iv. September: 1 x $100 store voucher
v. October: 1 x $100 store voucher
vi. November: 1 x $100 store voucher
vii. December: 1 x $100 store voucher
viii. January: 1 x $100 store voucher
ix. February: 1 x $100 store voucher
x. March: 1 x $100 store voucher
xi. April: 1 x $100 store voucher
xii. May: 1 x $100 store voucher
25. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
26. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
Further Terms and Conditions
27. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
28. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
31. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regard to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
33. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.